Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And The Time Flies


Just inches from the goal line!



Here we are going into the last bit of April and I'm still adjusting to writing 2008. About the time I have that down, the number will change again. I used to think it was funny to hear "old" people say how fast the years went by as you got older. Not laughing now! Some days I feel like my head is spinning as I watch the months/years whiz by.

I'm closing in on 2nd Broken Rib sock. About 4 more inches on the foot. Do the toe. Weave in the loose ends and I'm done. Last night, I was wishing they were done. My feet were cold and I couldn't seem to get them warm. I even thought about putting on the finished one, but I never did. I finally got my feet warm by heating up a rice bag. I didn't think I even knew where to find one. It was in a drawer in the sewing room. Never used. Hooray. It will be again tonight, also.



Sunday, April 20, I sat on a hilltop at Cumberland Valley High School near Mechanicsburg, PA. It was chilly. It was rainy. The wind was blowing. Why was I there, you ask? For a rugby game, of course. Hempfield vs Cumberland Valley. Hempfield won 12-0. And a very good game it was, too. The first try didn't come till the 2nd half. Extra point kick missed. The 2nd try came just 2 minutes to the end of the game. Payce made her kick good that time. I don't know how in that pouring rain. Brrr

Olivia rode home with her mom and me. We stopped at an Olive Garden on the Carlisle Pike. In the middle of our meal, the rain began to pound on the roof. I looked outside and could barely see the cars in the parking lot it was raining so hard. TG it had stopped by the time we were ready to leave. However, we rain into some more of it as we were coming down I283. Phyllis wanted me to pull off the road under an overpass. But they don't have much room for doing that and I felt it was too dangerous. I did put on my flashers. Others started doing it also. Made seeing other vehicles much easier. Of course, there is always the fool who doesn't even bother to turn headlights on. Probably the same fool who doesn't turn his/her headlights on at night until it's completely dark.

This evening, I'm trekking up to the high school to watch gs Gregory play lacrosse. This is his first year. I just haven't been able to make his games. I know nothing about lacrosse. I figure, if I can learn the ins and outs of rugby, I can do the same for lacrosse. I'm dreading when Olivia is no longer playing sports. I've been sitting on various bleachers, chair-in-a-bags, stadium seats, etc for 10 years or more now. Gonna miss it big time!

No comments: