Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Rugby Fever


Olivia's 70 yd. Run


Well, rugby season is winding down. The Knightmares are now into the playoffs. They are undefeated. The first 2 games were played at our homefield at Centerville Middle School. First game was an easy win. The second one, not so easy. It was against the Cumberland Valley Eagles and was a hard fought game. Hempfield won it 12-7. I was exhausted from playing the game in my chair. I didn't realize how much twisting and turning I was doing till one of my friends started kidding me about it. Of course, she was doing it just as much as I was. LOL


I've been suffering the past few days with sunburn. After all those Sundays of sitting in the cold & rain, this past Sunday was gorgeous. And I got sunburnt on my arms, neck and below that a bit. I'd left the sunblock in the car and it was too long a hike to go back and get it. I didn't want to ask Phyllis as she's still suffering with her knees. The surgery helped her quite a bit but the Dr. says that she's eventually going to have to come to grips with having knee replacement. Only her left knee, I think. ITM, I try not to ask her to do anything that will require a lot of walking. She does enough of that on her own. She can't sit still for long at a time and walks up and down the field to keep up with the action. Oh yeah. I bought some Solarcaine w/Lidocaine and it works like a charm to cut down on the itching.

This past Sunday was a nail biter with the final score being 12-7. In rugby, the scoring is 5 points for a try (scoring) and 2 for the extra point. So, we got 2 tried and one extra point. Our kicker missed the first one but it was from near the sidelines. After a try, the ball is brought out 20 yards for the extra kick. It's brought straight out from wherever the player took the ball in. Meaning the kicker on Sunday had a very awkward angle to try and make it thru the posts. The 2nd time, she was straight out from them. It was so exciting and a hard fought game. These are the girls we played a couple of weeks ago when it rained all during the 2nd half. That was a close game, also. Now, we will have to travel a bit to Lansdale next Sunday. Apparently, it now goes into tournament mode as everyone is focusing on making it to the state finals. If the Knightmares keep winning, the finals will be held over 3 days in Pittsburgh the end of the month. Cross your fingers for them.
Phil came and brought Gregory and baby Brady. Mom Amy was at a scrapbooking retreat for the weekend. She got home just in time to take Austin to a friend's birthday party. Gregory sat his chair beside mine and we had a lovely time chatting. He's just begun to play lacrosse.. I went to one game a couple of weeks ago. Guess I'll be learning the rules and strategy for another unfamiliar game. Hey, it keeps me young. I love sports.


My buddy Gregory

Phil kept Brady in the stroller and walked up and down the field so he would stay asleep. Also, Phil is another one to follow the action. He is now hooked on rugby, too. I think my oldest step-son, Jim, would like it too as he an Philadlephia Eagles fan. The two of them have season tickets for the Eagles games. I don't know if we can get Jim to a game this year or not. He definitely can't go this coming Sunday. It's down near Philly for one thing and it's Mother's Day. He always cooks at the restaurant on Mother's Day. Phil & Jim, along with their spouses, always invite me, their mom and their step-dad to dine at Reflections every year. They made reservations at 4pm to accomodate me this year. I'm going to try like mad to get back in time. Cross your fingers on that, too.

Reflections interior & exterior.

No comments: