Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunny Weekend



For the first time in many weekends, the sun is shining and the temps are in the mid-70's. Lovely day. So, what am I doing cooped up at home on such a gorgeous day?

I didn't start out to this. Bella & I woke at our usual time. Around 5:30am-6:30am. I can't seem to sleep any later. After taking her outside for awhile, I realized I felt a bit out of focus and my brain wasn't working so hot. Deciding I was just sleepy, I went back to bed. Only to awaken around 10:30am with chills, fever, throwing up and other assorted unpleasantness. Yikes! Road kill city.

The bummer of it all is that I was invited to Phil & Amy's for a cookout today. Phyllis, the girls and I, that is. Olivia isn't home and I'm undone. Poor Phyllis went alone. But her other baby, Shannon, is there. And baby Brady with his big brother, Austin. I don't know if biggest brother, Gregory is there or not. He may be at his dad's this weekend. I forgot to ask Amy when I called to tell her I wasn't coming and to apologize. I hate missing a family do.

I tell you, folks, I have the strength of a newborn kitten. I hope it's just a 24 hour bug and will be gone by this time tomorrow. Phyllis mentioned going to Clipper Stadium to see our first Barnstormer's baseball game of the season. I wanna go!!!! The weather will be perfect. I need a baseball fix.

Olivia did get to play in one more day of rugby. The weekend after the semi-finals, the girls went down to Delaware to play in a Sevens tournament. Instead of 15 to a side, there are 7 players. Same size field with a lot more running. I didn't go but am told that the halves are less and so it the half time. The next sevens conflicts with her first fast pitch softball tournament. So, rugby is done for her for the season. I'm ready for softball.

No comments: